Tatran.net

Das Forum für Zweiräder aus der DDR und Slowakei

English Tatran Site!

Wenn ihr interessante Webseiten im Internet gefunden habt, könnt ihr diese hier vorstellen. Sie sollten sich aber schon mit Thema Oldtimer befassen.

Beitragvon G_Rob from USA » Do 4. Mai 2006, 08:30

Hello! I am from Wisconsin, in USA. I really like your tatran site, but I do not speak german (even though I am 1/4 german, like most americans we have no history :P) is there anyway to make this site in english too? It is a very nice website on tatrans and manets! I am going to scan in the english manual for the tatran125 this week. :)

Thank you!

- Rob

PS: I am looking for choke handle for tatran, below seat in front, shaped like a cross. My tatran is missing that piece.
G_Rob from USA

Beitragvon Frank » Do 4. Mai 2006, 22:55

Hello Rob!

Nice to meet you here on this site. We´re very glad about your interest for the Tatran 125. We know that this scooter is very rare in the USA.

There is certainly a way to make this site in english. We have thought about it in the past, too. But there was no occasion up to now. We will set about it in the next weeks, but it will take some time, because we´re no professionals concerning the english language. :)

It´s certainly very difficult to find parts for the scooter in the US, but in germany it is not really better. I have no choke. Usually I like to help you. Most of my pieces I buy at ebay. Another link is jawamarkt.cz.. This site is from a czech but only in german language.

Where did you buy your tatran? Canada, US or Europe?

It would be nice if you could publish some pictures here in the forum or in the gallery. If you have problems with publishing you can also send me an email to info@tatran.net. It would be the second tatran from the US. :)

Greeting Frank
Weitere Webseiten: Simson KR50 | DDRMotorrad.de | Tatran.net
Frank
Inventar

Beitragvon Rob » Fr 5. Mai 2006, 20:17

Thanks for your response! Yes, I found that jawamarket site, and it has some parts for tatrans (exhausts, etc) but it does not have the choke tatran symbol below the seat. How do you find pieces on ebay? I check ebay and I never see anything. Also, there is an english version of that site somewhere, but it does not display correctly. Here it is:

http://jawashop.com/

I did not buy my tatran, I actually found it abandoned next to a house in Madison, Wi. I went to a nearby scooter shop and asked about parts, and they had worked on it before. Apparently a chinese girl who was going to university of madison needed transportation, so she called dad in China. Dad shipped her the tatran from china!!!

So my tatran was born in czechoslavkia, sent to China, and then sent to America and now it is mine! I will post pictures later! :)

- Rob
PLEASE SPEAK ENGLISH! :)
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Rob » Fr 5. Mai 2006, 20:21

Bild

This is when I first got it. I was pretending. :P
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Frank » Fr 5. Mai 2006, 22:46

hello rob

only one question now: are you looking for this piece?

Bild

more infos to your report follow tomorrow. it´s midnight and i have to sleep now :D

frank
Frank
Inventar

Beitragvon Rob » Mo 8. Mai 2006, 16:18

YES! That is the piece I am missing! Where do you find them? And how does it connect to the choke?

I have junked the tatran carbuerator, because it was not working well. Instead I am using a carbuerator from a 1950s Mercury Outboard boat engine, and it is working much better. I got it running yesterday, but I was having problems with the high speed jet. I will figure it out. However, my plug keeps fouling up with oil. Do you know why this would be? Was my gas/oil mixture too rich, to cause it to foul the plug?

- Rob
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Frank » Di 9. Mai 2006, 21:11

I am also missing that piece, everybody is missing it. It is very difficult to find.

The picture is from the member „Mücke“ and „Gerry“ has copy the piece.

The right oil-mix is 25 – 1. Please check the oil state in the gear. If the oil state is too low, the shaft sealing ring is defective.

How far are you with restauration?

Frank
Frank
Inventar

Beitragvon Rob » Mi 10. Mai 2006, 04:11

Well, honestly, not that far, because it doesn't need much. The chrome is pitted on the headlight bezel and rims, but the paint is still shiny and there is almost zero rust. I'm basically going to get it ready for the road, and not restore the bike. If I restore it, it will attract too much attention and I'm worried about someone stealing it. So it will stay 'dirty and ratty' for now. :)

What do you mean by 'if the oil is too low, the shaft sealing ring is defective'? I do not understand.

- Rob

PS: Why does nobody have that piece? Was it removable? How did it work?
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Rob » Mo 22. Mai 2006, 19:20

hello?
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Frank » Mo 22. Mai 2006, 21:52

Hello Rob!
Sorry for waiting!

Which plug do you mean? The spark plug or the connecting plug on the casing? May be you can show us a picture from your oil problem.

Why does nobody have that piece? Was it removable? How did it work?
The Tatran symbol was only put on the casing. Most have lost it or it was stealed.

Frank
Frank
Inventar

Beitragvon Rob » Di 15. Mai 2007, 21:53

Are there any plans of getting an English version of this site online? I would really enjoy it. I recently got my tatran running, not very well, but running again. This could be a great resource to all non-german speaking Tatran owners if it was done well. I'm willing to help. I have the user's manual, the workshop manual, and the parts list all SCANNED in English.
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Rob » Di 15. Mai 2007, 21:58

Also, it is very hard for english people to use this forum at all.

When using babelfish to translate from german to english, I cannot login and post questions.

So, I have to read in babelfish, then go back and post in the appropriate topic when it is all in german. Please consider an English version. I could help sort it out! :)
Rob
Neues Mitglied

Beitragvon Frank » Mi 16. Mai 2007, 16:13

Hi Rob,

I have send you an email. Please look at your spamfolder, too :)

Greetings Frank
Frank
Inventar

Beitragvon Frank » So 20. Mai 2007, 22:08

Hello Rob,

I did not forget you. I work at the translation of the forum. There are so many things, of which one must think. It will take some time. you still have to wait a little. I have also only time after the end of workday.

Did you already begin with the starting site? You do not have to do that. I can also do and send it to you then as a check. Is it possible to send me your documents by email?

Greeting Frank
Frank
Inventar

Beitragvon yellow7431 » Fr 8. Apr 2011, 09:31

Hello Everyone,

I know that this is an old topic, but if you are still looking for the Tatran symbol, there is a guy in Slovak Republic, who is producing replica of this item. Unfortunatelly, I do not remember the contact, but maybe it will be possible to get some pieces.
Just let me know if you are interested, I might be able to help you.
yellow7431
Neues Mitglied

Zurück zu Interessante Webseiten